Slice of Life 2020: Day 1
Today is March 1, a day of official beginnings and endings.
- Its the last day before Great Lent
- Its the first day of the 2020 March Slice of Life Story Contest where I write every day for 31 days with several hundred friends over at TwoWritingTeachers.org.
- Its the first warm day where the sun came out and it didn’t rain
- Its the last Sunday before Daylight Savings Time begins
- Its the beginning of the spring sports and marching band season
- Its the first day of the rest of my life!
All these beginnings and endings make it possible to make sense of a long chain of days, weeks, months and years, just the way looking through a window pane provides a reference point to what we’re viewing outside.
This year with Slice of Life I’m just jumping in. I don’t know where all this writing will take me or if I’ll even finish. But, its here and I’m in for the adventure and the excitement. I’ll be writing from a place of gratitude about my life, which at the moment happens to be pretty full and wonderful.
- There’s a daughter’s fall wedding to plan
- I’ve started a side hustle with my oldest son that’s getting off the ground
- Two writing classes keep me busy
- Three kids at home keep me cooking & cleaning
- Lent begins tomorrow and there’s much spiritual work to do
- There’s a baseball player in the house
- There’s a marching band student in the house
- There’s a wonderful husband in the house
- There are service projects to plan and a bookstore at my church to run
- There are photographs to take and edit
I’ll be writing on all of this and more. Come join me for the ride.